Q-Mark Window General Performance Scheme
The Q-Mark Window General Performance scheme was introduced as an entry level certification scheme covering Windows produced to British Standards for most of the common material types. The scheme not only certifies products for the material specific product standard but is the starting point for manufacturers to achieve the enhanced security and High performance Q-Mark schemes.
- Timber Windows to BS 644
- PVC-U Windows to BS 7412
- Aluminium Windows to BS 4873
- Steel Windows to BS 6510
- Composite material Windows
- Window Hardware (For proving ability to comply with the test standards)
All the above types of products must pass Initial Type Testing to:
- BS 6375-1: Performance of windows and doors. Classification for weathertightness and guidance on selection and specification
- BS 6375-2: Performance of windows and doors. Classification for operation and strength characteristics and guidance on selection and specification
By achieving and maintaining the Q-Mark you will satisfy the requirements of the product standard.
Achieving Certification involves initial type testing and factory production control audits. Maintaining certification involves periodic audit testing and factory production control audits.
Third-party certification provides the assurance that the windows installed on site meet the same high standards as those tested and therefore offer the same performance criteria.