Q-Mark Fire Door Maintenance Scheme
There is a legal requirement for those responsible for buildings under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order to ensure that all fire doors continue to retain their ability to resist the passage and spread of fire throughout their working lives. However, their fire resistance capabilities can be seriously compromised if they are not maintained by an individual who has appropriate knowledge of this complex life safety product.
By being a member of the BM TRADA Q-Mark Fire Door Maintenance scheme, you can reassure your customers that you are suitably qualified to carry out the maintenance work to a standard that will allow the product to continue to perform as required.
What the scheme aims to achieve:
- Reinforce the importance of third party certification with respect to work carried out on fire doors
- Raise the on-going standard of fire door maintenance
- Maximize the service life of fire doors
- Provide peace of mind that the contractor is consistently delivering a quality service through independent verification by a third party certification body
- Provide those responsible for buildings with a comprehensive maintenance schedule to meet their obligations under the RR(FS)O.
The benefits of being a member of the Q-Mark Fire Door Maintenance scheme:
- Provides you with a strong competitive advantage versus non-certified maintenance contractors
- Helps generate new business by enabling you to tender for the increasing number of projects which require maintenance to be undertaken
- Helps generate repeat business by enabling you to bid for long term or additional maintenance contracts with the same customer
- Demonstrates due diligence and a commitment to quality with respect to maintenance work on life safety products
- You continue to benefit as levels of awareness of the BM TRADA Q-Mark scheme and the demand for third party certification of on-site work continues to increase
- Continued benefits from association with BM TRADA, widely recognised and accepted as a leading provider of third party certification
Download the Q-Mark Fire Door Maintenance Scheme Sheet.